Thursday, October 7, 2010

State of the Uterus

I went in for my monthly check-up today and our little baby's doing great - nice and strong heartbeat. It's so reassuring to hear the whoosh whoosh whoosh especially since I can't really feel anything right now. I've gained a pound since my last visit a month ago and my blood pressure is good, too. I've been getting terrible headaches and Tylenol really does nothing for them, so Dr. Gopal told me to have a small caffeinated drink in the morning and night to prevent them. Yay! Next I get to schedule our ultrasound for a month from now!

Oh and despite all of my massaging, I still managed to get a keloid at one of my incision sites, so now I have to apply hydrocortisone a few times a day and massage it even more. Dr. Gopal said they can't do anything else for it since I'm pregnant, but if it still hurts after I have the baby they can treat it with lasers. What can't lasers do?

No comments: