Monday, September 20, 2010

12 weeks




How big is Baby Merkel #2 this week:
Parents.com: a pacifier:
Pacifier


TheBump.com: a plum:



I'm now waking up with a visible-to-me bump, so I guess it's not all bloat anymore. My good friends heartburn, headache, and teenage acne have become frequent visitors, though I'm ready for them to pack their bags and head home. My all-day sickness has finally passed, for which I am grateful, but I'm still craving late afternoon naps. 


Speaking of cravings, this time around I can't seem to get enough orange juice and am going through gallons each week. Tom thinks I'm going to shock my system with Vitamin C from the amount I drink each day. At least it's a healthy craving - it could be milkshakes or chocolate bars. 


And to wrap up the third month, here's what the baby's been up to in utero:

  • Vocal cords begin to form
  • Eyes begin to move closer together 
  • Ears shift to their normal place on the side of the head
  • Intestines move farther in to your child's body
  • His or her liver begins to function 
  • The pancreas begins to produce insulin
Oh and for fun, here's me at 12 1/2 weeks with Stasa:

No comments: