Monday, April 7, 2014

In which Alexia turns three

IMG_1305_diptych
Lexi's third birthday came and went faster than I thought it would. In the beginning of March I remember chatting with Tom about her birthday and what we were going to get her and plan for her and then BAM it was the week of her birthday and we hadn't accomplished anything. Thankfully she's easy to buy for and simply requested "a lot of Hello Kitties." So I packed up Stas and went out to Old Navy to get her just that. Together we picked out a new Hello Kitty shirt, two more small stuffed Hello Kitty dolls, a Hello Kitty flashlight and Hello Kitty water bottle.

Stas was sick on Lexi's actual birthday, so she stayed home while Tom and I worked from home. She helped decorate, and made a banner and card for Lexi before running up to get dolled up (including doing her own makeup).
IMG_1280_diptych

IMG_1221
IMG_1222
Stasa and I stayed home while Tom went to school to pick up Tommy and Lexi. She was so excited the minute she walked through the door and saw all of the decorations...especially the balloons. I don't know what it is about balloons, but if we bought nothing but those, the kids would probably be happy. She counted up her balloons and then split them evenly between her and Stasa. Then it was straight to gifts. Each and every thing she opened she hugged and declared it her favorite thing ever.
IMG_1238
IMG_1254


After opening all of her gifts, she and Stasa ran around like looney toons with the balloons. Tommy took advantage of the opportunity and snatched some of Lexi's presents and started playing with them himself. IMG_1273

We let Lexi decide what to have for dinner and she, of course, picked chicken nuggets, apple slices, and chocolate milk (gee, I wonder where you could get *that* meal?). After dinner it was time for cake. I tried a new frosting for this one and it turned out pretty good. It wasn't as sweet as buttercream, but I thought it was perfect and nice and light. I also tried my hand at making colored sanding sugar for the rainbow. I didn't bake it so it really looks more like sand than crystals, but Lexi loved it because it was a rainbow and that's all that matters, right?
  IMG_1307
IMG_1321

No comments: