Monday, May 10, 2010

Stasa, 16 months old

The other day I started thinking about our 18 month well baby check-up that's scheduled in a couple of months and wondered what kinds of questions the doctor would ask me. I'm assuming she'll inquire about Stasa's vocabulary and comprehension so I started putting together a mental list of her spoken words and commands or questions that she understands.

Consistently spoken words (with meaning):
  • baby
  • daddy
  • mama/mommy
  • duddy (duckie)
  • doddie (doggie)
  • itty (kitty)
  • ba-boo (ball)
  • pup (up)
  • neah (yeah)
  • whereist? (where is it?)

Understood commands and questions:
  • Did you poop?
  • Give mama/daddy/baby/whomever a kiss.
  • Give mama/daddy/whomever a hug.
  • Where's your bear?
  • Let's feed the baby.
  • Bring mama your baby.
  • Are you hungry?
  • Do you want some milk?
  • Where's the kitty?
  • Sit down.
  • No. (She definitely understands, but doesn't like it.)
  • Bring me the ___.
  • Get the ball.
  • Yay! (clapping)
  • How big is Stasa?
  • Where's your nose?
  • Where's the baby in the belly? Where's your belly?
  • Say night night. Let's go night night.
  • Bye bye (waves bye)

Random cute things she's doing nowadays:
  • Patting our backs when she hugs us
  • HUGS! for us, her baby, the cat, random kids, hand puppets...
  • Says "ooOOooOoo" when putting on her play necklaces
  • Tries to put her socks and shoes on, but only succeeds in placing them on top of her feet
  • "Reads" her books and our magazines
  • Places her cup on the dinner table when she's finished with it (mostly)
  • Neatly dips her french fries and chicken nuggets in ketchup
  • Spoon feeds herself yogurt and other soft foods

I'm sure there are other words, commands and cute things she's saying and doing that I've neglected, so I'll add to the list as I remember them. For now I think she's right on track with her development. Tom and I both can't wait until she starts speaking English and not Stasish, but then again, we'll probably be saying "remember when she was nice and quiet?" after a week of her chattering.

No comments: