Sunday, September 14, 2008

Let the busy week begin...

First of all, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! That win will definitely make the week a little easier.


Tomorrow I have a new team member starting and will take him out to lunch after orientation and then walk him around to meet everyone. Wednesday's our big day - the closing. I've been practicing my signature so my hand won't cramp up in the middle of all of the signing (just kidding!).

Thursday I have an all day team off-site that I've been planning for about a month. We're going to the National Zoo for a fun activity. We'll break into 10 teams and each team will have a pre-assigned animal to research. Each team will have to redesign the exhibit for their animal by creating a diorama (the size of a moving/book box). Then, we're going to have zoo volunteers judge the exhibits. Tom and I went to A. C. Moore today to pick up the majority of the materials for the dioramas. I can't wait - I think everyone's going to have fun putting them together. Then, Friday I have a fundraiser for Light the Night - Extreme Rides. We have people bring their "extreme ride" to work and have a mini car show and ice cream. People donate money for the ice cream and to vote on the cars. I'll be so happy when that's over - it's been a pain to organize and I just don't feel like harassing people to bring their cars in.

Other than all of that, we've still got to transfer the utilities to our names, order our appliances, change the locks at the house (after the closing, of course) and start packing. Saturday (September 20) we'll spend the day cleaning the house so we can start painting the following weekend. We're hiring professionals to clean the carpets for us. Hopefully we can spend a couple of hours after work each day to prep the walls for the big painting day on September 27. I'm hoping we'll be in the new house by Tom's birthday.

Wish us luck!

No comments: